Career Discovery Specialist
The Career Discovery Specialist will work in conjunction with the Director of Career Services and the Employment Specialist team to plan and implement vocationally focused community based activities in the areas of career exploration, money management and consumer awareness, communication and interpersonal skills, accessing community resources, and transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organizing community trips, outings and special events in areas that enable clients to access resources including, but not limited to: employment, education, budgeting, transportation, and safety awareness
• Ordering and maintaining necessary activity supplies
• Assisting individuals with transportation through Mobility
• Participating in various training activities, meetings, conferences as scheduled
• Maintaining participant confidentiality
• Creating professional relationships with referral sources, local businesses, and other community agencies to establish work and/or volunteer sites for participants
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and updating of assigned participants’ individual plan.
• Provide mobility monitoring and/or training, as needed.
• Serving as an advocate for the program participants.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Employment Services
• Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability, Participant Focus, Quality Independence and Mutual Respect).
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening
• Must be have high school diploma and 2 years’ experience working with adults with developmental disabilities
• Possess excellent verbal and written skills
• Ability to complete training as required
• Must be self motivated and able to work independently
• Clean driving record (which includes no more than 2 points)