Social Worker (Adult Medical Day/SCALE)
Position: Social Worker
Department: Medical Day
Reports to: VP, Medical Programs/CNO
Exempt/Non- Exempt: Non-Exempt
Summary: Social Worker is responsible for review of potential admissions to Medical Day and SCALE programs. Provides support to participants and their families in crisis, as well as issues related to community resources, funding and transportation challenges.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate leads with doctors, social workers, discharge planners and service coordinators
- Inform and consult with prospective clients and family members regarding community resources, funding and transportation
- Infuse the social work perspective as part of the interdisciplinary team
- Review participant plans of care and discharge summaries, and meet with the multidisciplinary team to discuss
- Participate in admission, annual review and discharge meetings; as well as participant’s individual team meetings.
- Work closely with participants, direct care staff and Medical Day/SCALE leadership to drive census development and ensure excellent customer service.
- Serve as Field Instructor for Social Work student.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give tours and explains the benefits of services offered at the Medical Day and/or SCALE Programs
- Increase direct consumer awareness of Medical Day/SCALE Program through educational opportunities and events to promote good will in the community
- Participate in departmental and Company meetings as required
- Support the mission of The League by creating a supportive environment for participants and staff
- Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability, Participant Focus, Quality, Independence and Mutual Respect)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program
- Current licensure by the State of Maryland as an LCSW-C
- At least 3 years of Social Work experience beyond receiving the MSW degree
- Ability to work with a diverse population and staff
- Experience working with people with disabilities and/or other special populations
- Effective written and verbal communication, a high degree of self-motivation and time management skills