Therapeutic Integration Assistant (Youth Autism Services)
Summary: The Therapeutic Integration (TI) Program Assistant will work in conjunction with other TI staff and under the supervision of the TI Program Manager to assist with implementing day-to-day operations of the TI Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate snack and meal preparation for afterschool programs (includes receiving, inventory, preparation/plating, and storage).
- Assist with serving snacks and meals to TI Program participants.
- Collect data for meal and snack service on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper trainings in accordance with MSDE and Baltimore City Health Department to ensure proper handling of food.
- Meet participants that arrive on the school bus and safely escort them to their program area.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment for programming.
- Actively participate in supervision of participants, including providing direct care coverage as needed.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living including but not limited to meals and toileting.
- Participate in various in-service training activities.
- Maintain participant confidentiality.
- Maintain positive and professional interactions and relationships with staff and external partners such as families, Service Coordinators, and Family League Meal Program reps.
- Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability, Participant Focus, Quality, Independence and Mutual Respect).
- Operationalize the mission of The League for People with Disabilities by creating a supportive environment for participants and staff.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 100 hours of experience in working with individuals with autism.
- The ability to successfully obtain the ServSafe certification (paid for by The League)
- The ability to work with diverse populations
- The ability to work well with others