Therapeutic Integration Driver
The Driver is responsible for safely transporting participants to and from League for participation in the Youth Autism Services’ Therapeutic Integration (TI) Program.
Work Schedule: This position will work Monday – Friday, from 1:30 – 4:30 pm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide transportation and assistance to participants as needed.
• Arrive at schools at the agreed upon time to pick up students daily.
• Safely transport students from school to The League for participation in TI.
• Completes all transportation logs regarding daily mileage and inspection sheet.
• Reports any vehicle malfunctions to the Manager of Transportation.
• Completes daily log of pick up times for clients who receive transportation services from the League.
• Create driving routes that are efficient.
• Participate in all required workshops and in service trainings.
• Work effectively as a team with other staff members who ride the vehicle to provide assistance to participants being transported.
• Obey all traffic laws and communicate all violations involving agency vehicle to the Manager of Transportation.
• Maintain a clean and professional appearance at all times.
• Adhere to emergency procedures for any vehicle accidents that may occur, including the completion of timely incident reports for accidents involving children.
• Complete other tasks as assigned by Manager of Transportation or Director of Transportation.
• Demonstrate the 5 Core Values of The League (Accountability, Participant Focus, Quality, Independence and Mutual Respect).
• Must have at least two years of driving experience, and a driving record with no more than 3 points.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Past experience with transporting participants with disabilities preferred.